From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-25 00:13:00

> Emil Dotchevski wrote:> <Snip>> > While strictly speaking I do not *need* to use existing C libraries in my > > C++ code, I *want* to be able to. And I mean this in general, not just for > > threading libraries.>
> I think what is needed for pthreads to be standardized would be for the > C programming language group to standardize it not the C++.> I seriously doubt they would standardize something which belongs in the > purview of the C group which pthreads does IMO.
The interoperability problems between pthread-based C libraries and C++ exist today in POSIX-based systems. Standardizing pthreads in its current form will not solve these issues; all it will do is bring pthread to Windows.

Emil Dotchevski
i'm making a difference. Make every IM count for the cause of your choice. Join Now.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=wlmailtagline