From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-25 07:29:49

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Yuval Ronen wrote:
>
>> That's it's not good C++. We are designing a C++ interface here, and
>> we want to take advantage of all the nice things C++ has to offer, as
>> Sohail pointed out. N2184 is better at using all those nice things,
>> IMO.
>
> N2184 is closer to pthreads than the C++ portion of N2178 is, FWIW. But
> don't let that stop you.

I won't :-)
Being close to pthreads model is a good thing. Being close to pthreads
in other aspect depends on the aspect, and can be neither a good thing,
not a bad thing. I don't know exactly what you mean. In general, I can
say that apart from the good stuff in pthreads, all the rest is simply a
non-issue - I'm neither promoting being close nor far away from
pthreads. I'm promoting making the best C++ design possible.