From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-25 17:02:45

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Yuval Ronen wrote:
>
>> So to rephrase what I wanted to say in the most concise manner - the
>> cost I was talking about is that the interoperability requirement
>> makes N2184 impossible. As simple as that.
>
> I've no idea what you mean, sorry. What part of N2184 is impossible and why?

It depends on what kind of interoperability we're talking about. If we
want to manipulate in C++ mutexes created in C or vice versa, then the
example from the previous post explains it. If we want to manipulate in
C++ threads created in C or vice versa, then we have pthread_t
exposition problems which are the basically same problems as described
for mutexes, and in addition, we also have the join/cancel problems
which were described elaborately by Howard.