From: Darren Garvey (lists.drrngrvy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-26 14:00:29
I just realised my SoC cgi proposal _abstract_ shows a serious error. I
updated it accordingly but I don't have proper net access so I can't update
cgi.sf.net (the 'further discussion' page) yet.
This (pretty drastic) error stems from a naive assumption of mine - that
class template arguments can be deduced from constructor args (wrong!) - so
that can't help my chances.
As it happens, _only_ the basic FCGI and SCGI examples are wrong:
cgi::request req = service.get_request();
That's what I was using up until I started writing my proposal, but it's
ugly so I tried to find an alternative. For now I'll have to regress to the
old syntax since I can't think of a better way right now. This isn't likely
to be used in user code though, so I suppose it doesn't matter too much that
it's not very clean/intuitive.
Apologies for wasting anyones time (in case you were trying to figure out
how I managed it),
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk