From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-27 02:34:02

David Abrahams wrote:
[...]
> "Everybody" in the C++ community wants cancellation to be an ordinary,
> stoppable, C++ exception, thrown only synchronously, at well-defined
> cancellation points.

Or asynchronously from well-defined async-cancel-safe regions (ideally
with async-cancel-safety of code inside async_cancel {} regions
statically checked by compiler).

> Anything else makes writing cancellation-safe
> code basically untenable. In fact, the only person I know of in *any*
> community who insists that cancellation must be unstoppable is Ullrich
> Drepper.

Perhaps someone should try to explain to him that nobody really wants
to allow longjmp() from pthread_cleanup_push()'s handlers.

regards,
alexander.