From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-27 06:56:53

David Abrahams wrote:
> I suggest that trying to use meanings of "cancellation" other than the
> one(s) used in the pthread standard at this point can only confuse
> things, which hardly seems like a way to un-stall the process.

I might be completely wrong, but doesn't the pthread standard
require a thread to stop once it has been cancelled?
The thread may decide to defer the request, but not to deny.
Correct?

So what we are discussing (and what I want to suggest too) is
to let the thread decide if it honours the cancellation request.

My point was just to give it a different name then, since this
basically is a communication channel that can be used for
other purposes too.

Regards,
Roland