From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-27 09:13:57

Hallo Nicola,

> Hallo,
> unfortunately the recently committed changes to Boost.Optional
> uncover a bug in BCB6, i.e. borland 5.6.4 . As 1.34 is going to be
> the last Boost release to officially support this compiler, it would
> be very important to fix this problem before the release.

What a compiler error o)
I'm glad you uncover it.

> The only workaround I was able to find is to revert to the previous
> implementation of boost/none.hpp, as in the following:

OK.
That will prevent "none.hpp" and hence "optional.hpp" to be put in a
precompiled header, but I guess that's better than a compiler error.

If Thomas gives me a green light I'll commit it.

> Given this is such a simple header it may be reasonable not to include
> boost/detail/workaround.hpp here and explicitly state the condition.

I like the macro better since it follows the BOOST_STRICT_CONFIG
alternative.

> Note that this problem is not present in borland 5.8.2.

OK

Thank you for the patch.

Best

Fernando