From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-27 11:04:36

Anthony Williams wrote:

> "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Is this not a conforming N2184 thread? If not, why?
>
> As I understand it: No, because t.joinable() would still be true, ...

Well, I think I can make joinable() report whatever is required in order to
satisfy the spec, however pointless that might be in the context of the new
behavior. (This is a good example how unnecessary accessors restrict
implementation freedom.)

> ... and you could still cancel and join the thread.

It seems to me that no conforming N2184 program should be able to see that
one can still cancel or join after detach, because the specification doesn't
allow it to do so.