From: james.jones_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-03-28 09:35:21

From: "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]>
> james.jones_at_[hidden] wrote:
> > From: Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]>
> > I have done a lot of work on something very similar to this that I
> > was hoping to propose fairly soon (next few weeks). The interface
> > isn't quite N2198, but I'm not crazy about N2198 anyway (it isn't
> > threadsafe, for example, AFAICT). I've been using the IEEE754r spec.
> > Is it worthwhile at all to continue to work on a BOOST library for
> > fixed decimal arithmetic without making it N2198 compliant?
> >
> > There would probably be a way to make an N2198-compliant version of
> > my code, if that were necessary.
>
> Good question, I'm very surprised that N2198 isn't thread safe, how come?

I'm not sure about this, actually - but do the fe* functions guarantee thread safety? I read over Sun's documentation and it says they do, but can this generally be assumed? N2198 specifies that cfenv be used for context, and this is where I got concerned.

-
James Jones Administrative Data Mgmt.
Webmaster 375 Raritan Center Pkwy, Suite A
Data Architect Edison, NJ 08837