From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-28 13:41:03

> Input is definitely beyond the scope of the library. We have
> implemented
> primitive output.... On further thought, we should probably just have
> an output operator for quantity that prints the value_type then the
> unit and
> leave unit output alone.

Again, input and output are fully supported through
Boost.Serialization - just not in a format designed for human
consumption. I think we need to provide at least a rudimentary system
for unit/quantity output for debugging purposes is nothing else.
Steven suggested the possibility of boost::lexical_cast, which seems
reasonable.

Matthias