From: Lewis Hyatt (lhyatt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-28 19:08:40

I forgot one additional comment... for clarity, I would recommend
eliminating the duplicate unit names (SI::meter, SI::meters, SI::metre,
SI::metres, etc). For one thing, to maintain consistency, users might
then feel obligated to do this in their own unit systems as well. I
think it makes more sense to just pick a convention and stick with it,
especially for the singular vs plural, which is really just a matter of
taste, and users will learn to deal with whichever one the library
writers pick :-). As for the alternate spellings, I guess if that's a
political issue they could stay, but the plurals definitely seem
gratuitous to me.

-Lewis