From: Matthias Schabel (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-29 14:46:38

> Since that time I have made a few changes which make it
> trivial to switch to mpl::plus etc. I agree that that
> would be a good thing.

It would be good, but, ultimately, this is an implementation detail
that should have no impact on the library's end users...probably not
something that needs to be a top priority...

> I think that I can speed up compiliation a bit
> (maybe 2x but probably not more than that), but
> it would make the code very very ugly (much worse
> than it is alreay) so I didn't think that it was
> worth while.

I would rather not make the code totally incomprehensible unless
there is a very clear and compelling reason to. It takes less than 30
seconds for me to recompile all 22 example programs on my machine,
which is quite acceptable...

Matthias