From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-02 10:36:34

On May 2, 2007, at 10:25 AM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> 1. Does anyone could tell me, if I have any code I need to merge?

It will be very easy to tell once we've moved to Subversion... it's
just a simple "diff" operation between two branches.

> 2. How soon "revert" is triggered? I mean, let's say I committed
> some code
> that I tested only on compilers I have access to and it fails on
> others how
> much time do I have to fix?

I assume Beman will propose something specific. In GCC, when someone
breaks something significant in the build, two maintainers can agree
to start a 48-hour reversion counter. If the bug isn't fixed in that
time, one of the maintainers would revert the patch.

GCC maintainers rarely ever revert patches. In part, it's because
they have a rigid peer-review system for code already in the
repository. Mostly, however, it's because submitters fix problems
that come up as soon as the problem is reported. In Boost, I expect
reversion to be rare, and certainly won't occur when problems only
pop up because of compilers that the submitter can't test locally.

        - Doug