From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-02 11:31:52

Doug Gregor <dgregor <at> osl.iu.edu> writes:
[...]
> *Sigh*. This is why it's better to look at concrete proposals than to
> discuss without them... we all assume different things about the
> unsaid details.

I don't mean to pick on you, but this appears to be a recurring problem.
Hopefully the new Boost Trac will help mitigate it. Well, not by itself, but by
becoming, with everybody's help, more central to Boost development than the
current wiki is.

[...]
> When we switch to Subversion, the 1.34.0 release branch becomes both
> "stable" and "devel", giving us a clean slate. The current CVS HEAD
> becomes a branch (branches/post-1.34-head). Developers can migrate
> changes from post-1.34-head to "devel", where they will be tested,
> fixed, and eventually moved to "stable" for a release.

I see. It does appear safer than what I was expecting, at the expense of
somewhat increased effort. I don't have any objection, but then I also don't
have any code in HEAD :-0

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti