From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-03 19:05:22

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:56:12 -0700, "Jeff Garland"
<jeff_at_[hidden]> said:
> I'm not 100% sure, I haven't tried that feature of asio. My guess is
> that it's a little different in that there may be a relationship
> between the io requests posted in the thread and where the callbacks
> are processed....so you have to 'know in advance' how threads and
> processing map. That's different from a typical thread pool. Anyway,
> one of us will either need to try it or ask Chris :-)

Yep, Stjepan's correct. You can have a pool of threads calling
io_service::run(), and all those threads are considered equivalent when
it comes to invoking the completion handlers. I.e. the io_service will
just pick any one of them to run the handler.

Cheers,
Chris