From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-04 13:16:29

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> I doubt Boost.Build can be decoupled much more. We have our own mailing list,
> our own issue tracker, our own webpage and our own releases.
>
> The only coupling is that Boost.Build lives in Boost CVS, and I'm not sure
> if that's bad thing, or good thing.

Technically that may be correct. However, as a matter of fact, boost.build
does get developed as part of boost. How long did it take to fix bbv2 bugs
*after* boost was converted to use it ? And how much is the slip of the release
due to problems in the infrastructure, as opposed to actual "C++ library code" ?

As a boost developer I'd rather not worry about infrastructure. At least
not more than absolutely necessary.

Regards,
                Stefan