From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-04 20:33:09

>> As far as Wave is concerned, the mentioned macro has no influence on the
>> code generated for the library. You always can define
>> BOOST_WAVE_SERIALIZATION to zero when compiling your code, even if the
>> library was compiled with BOOST_WAVE_SERIALIZATION=1. The generated
>> library
>> has no dependency on Boost.Serialization.
>
> Seems to me that unless it's essential to library function serialization
> support should always be turned off by default.

The job of a load function is to leave the object being loaded in a well
defined state -- its invariants intact -- much like a constructor.
Therefore, turning this functionality on or off doesn't make any more sense
than turning a particular constructor on or off.

You can define loading and saving without including any headers from boost
serialization.

Emil Dotchevski