From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-04 21:48:05

Hi there, here my review.

> Please always state in your review, whether you think the library should be
> accepted as a Boost library!
yes, please.

> - What is your evaluation of the design?
The design is simple and easy to understand. The learning curve is
expectically very low.

Somebody else on this list was mentioning of a conflicting license
issue with sha1.hpp. This should be resolved before adding this lib to
boost.

Same as Dan Nuffer I would like to see a way to change the default
random number generator.

Good enough.

> - What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
I use it for over half a year now and haven't created the a equal guid yet. ;-)

> - Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
> problems?

Yes. I'm using it at work already.

> - How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
> reading? In-depth study?

I'm using the lib for a while already and I have nothing to complain.
The learning curve really isn't that huge either.

> - Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

No. All I need is way to generate ids that are unique.

Thanks for another useful lib.

Christian