From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-04 21:55:45

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> So, in the spirit of 'lessons learned', I'd like to invite readers
>> to imagine how life would be if the boost development would use
>> existing (i.e. external) tools, if possible. (Example: docbook, rst,
>> etc., instead of qbk; make instead of bjam, etc.)
>
> If I had nothing but free time, I'd investigate using CMake instead
> of, or in addition to, Boost.Build. From the website:

For what its worth - and just to keep the pot boiling - I use VC IDE
for building and testing the serialization library. I only use boost
build for generating the table of results for all the compilers.

I did have to setup a very large VC solution with a project for each
test and variations for archives, etc which was a huge pain. But
it is very convenient now that I have it setup.

Robert Ramey