From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-05 21:50:27

on Sat May 05 2007, "Jonathan Franklin" <franklin.jonathan-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> AFAICT gcc will only gripe if the base class defines virtual methods but no
> virtual dtor. Perhaps this isn't the case with older versions of the
> compiler.
>
> I still need to read up on the issues WRT is_polymorphic, since they
> obviously exist given David's previous statements.

Oh, maybe not. I don't remember the precise issue. However, it's
easy to imagine that that particular warning could have been defined
differently. My point is that most warnings aren't hard errors for a
reason: there are legitimate use cases for the code being warned
about.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting