From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-08 00:46:18

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 03:49, Thomas Witt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If this is a showstopper

I suppose that you, as release manager, get to to decide of this "if".
Calling "showstopper" something that does not prevent getting working
binaries is a bit liberal as far as I'm concerned.

> we better figure out what we do about it.

Apparently, no concrete proposal was made.

> My
> question is who is doing what and when?

Assuming the concrete proposal is:

        Whenever no explicit version of msvc is provided,
        run compiler, extract version from the output, and
        use that.

and I'm asked to implement that in code, it would require
access to all versions of msvc for which that behaviour
is desired, plus a couple of days.

- Volodya