From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-08 06:01:19

John Maddock wrote:

> Outstanding Issues:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> The biggest one is that PDF generation is a lot harder than it should be
> with bjam: if we could get FO's and PDF's placed in a "pdf" subdirectory
> that would help enormously - currently they get generated in a directory
> of bjam's choosing under bin.v2 which results in all links to images
> breaking

Will "bin.v2/pdf" be fine? I don't feel like creating directories in
the source tree.

> :-( FO generation also fails if the FO file already exists.

Which is FOP bug, it seems from your boost-build posting.

> So basically
> :I
> need a Boost.Build expert to help with these: or at least explain how the
> existing rules work!

For removing output fop, I think you can do it yourself: add

to fop action, and somewhere in fop.jam add:

        RM = [ common.rm-command ] ;

As for path -- I suppose I can do it. How urgent is this? I doubt
I'll have any time this week.

- Volodya