From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-08 09:48:28

John Maddock wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've been working on improving our ability to generate PDF's from
> Quickbook/Docbook source using a "torture-test" consisting of a subset
> of the Math lib docs. I have some questions/feedback required, but
> first some observations:

Thx for doing this. Couple quick comments.

> Improving Our Stylesheets
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> I've made some changes (not committed yet) to our fo.xsl stylesheet to:
>
> * Syntax highlight C++ code.
> * Put a box around code blocks and admonishments.
> * Improve the appearance of tables.
> * Added some keep-together instructions to improve flow-control around
> tables/code/admonishments.
>
> I've tried to mimic our HTML stylesheets as far possible, and the
> effects can be seen in the test PDF's.

Nice...

> The Questions:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> 1) How do folks feel about the look and feel of these: are these heading
> in the right direction?

I like the stylesheet so I think you should commit it.

> 2) Do we want a consistent look/feel across all Boost-PDF's? If yes, is
> it OK to commit the stylesheet changes (diff's attached)?

Right now we don't really deliver PDF's in the delivery, although maybe that
will change in the future. I think it clearly needs to be one per library as
we I think we've discussed before. I've been generating one for date-time and
posting it on the web for each release -- I'd certainly adopt your new
stylesheet. In any case, people can customize the stylesheet if they really
want.

Jeff