From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-09 15:06:06

Jeff Garland wrote:

> Having one tree per compiler will seriously break the regression test system,
> not to mention making it more resource intense for those that build/test
> several compilers on a machine. Not saying it can't be layered on, but I
> don't think having 3 trees to run 3 compilers is a good solution.

How does this layout require more resources ? There are no more object
files in the suggested layout than are in the original one. (And what else
would you put into the build tree ?)

Yes, the regression test system would need some adjustments, but this is something
that will be worked on anyway, I'd hope. ;-)

Thanks,
                Stefan