From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-09 15:16:32

On May 9, 2007, at 3:07 PM, Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:

> On 5/9/07, Doug Gregor <dgregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I wonder what percentage of Boost users actually configure more than
>> one compiler with Boost.Build?
>> And how many users actually use any compiler other than the one
>> system compiler on their machines?
>
> I dont think it is very uncommon.

Unfortunately, we have no data either way.

> Mainly if the user has a
> library-centric design.

I'm quite certain that library developers aren't our main audience.
Rather, I expect most Boost users are application developers. Most
applications are only built on one compiler per platform, since
you're not going to ship binaries built two compilers on the same
platform. Skimming through the "Who's Using Boost?" pages, I'm seeing
a bias toward applications.

        - Doug