From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-09 15:31:53

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Sohail Somani wrote:
>
>>> * Must be able to directly build, test, run commands, etc. without
>>> having to inject the generation of external build files into
>>> the process.
>> Actually I'm surprised that wasn't the first response to that email.
>> Maybe CMake can directly build, but I haven't seen it.
>
> I'm not sure I understand the requirement.
>
> Are you saying the build system must not generate any intermediate files ?
> What do you mean by 'direct build' ? Why would you care at all about intermediate
> files ?

I explain some aspect of that requirements in another email. But to
answer you question directly :-) ...

I don't care about intermediate files as such. What I care about is
requiring to run *another* build/make/test executable/system/package to
get from the build descriptions to the resulting target files, or test
execution.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything