From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-10 07:44:32

on Wed May 09 2007, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman-AT-kitware.com> wrote:

> K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
>>
>> Bill,
>>
>> Do you support the Pgi, Pathscale and Mipspro compilers? What is
>> involved in bringing up cmake support for compilers you don't support?
>>

> I know we can do Mipspro, and I think pgi has been done. It is not hard
> to add additional
> compilers. It involves creating a .cmake file that describes some flags
> and options for the
> compiler.

Boost.Build has "toolsets" that do something similar. However, really
writing a good Boost.Build toolset involves much, much, more than
that. Just look at tools/build/v2/tools/gcc.jam ... or
tools/build/v2/tools/python.jam: there's a lot of code in there for
supporting automatic toolset configuration. How much of that will we
get from CMake?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting