From: Galileo (galileo.m2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-10 09:46:20

The new getting started guide is nice, but there are a few things that
could be improved.

In section 5.2.4 Invoke bjam "--toolset=msvc" is used in the example
but with auto-linking not working with auto-detecting toolset using it
in a guide aimed at new and inexperienced users. I think it would be
better to use "--toolset=msvc-8.0" and users who are not running
vc2005 can easily substitute "-8.0" with their version.

In the same example "stage" is used but never thoroughly explained and
loosely hinted that it is only the name of a directory and that you
could use any name
A better explanation would be something like this: "The last argument
to bjam in this example "stage" represent the type of install you will
make, the available options is… (Insert options and explanations)"

The link "Boost.Build reference manual" in section 7 is missing
index.html and points directly to the directory.