From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-13 05:56:20

Atry wrote:

>> As discussed on IRC, this appears to be cygwin-specific bug, making
>> build on cygwin impossible. Looks like one between RC3 and final
>> release was a bit too hasty ;-)
>>
>> I believe the attached patch should fix the immediate problem.

> Thanks. But I wonder why is this issue been reported one month ago still
> appeared now? http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2007/04/119537.php

Because we don't seem to have any procedure whatsoever in place that makes
sure that incoming bug reports are classified with respect to impact on
next release, and no procedures that make sure all critical issues are
fixed before release?

Lacking such procedures, it's easy for bugs to fall through the cracks.

- Volodya