From: Piyo (cybermax_69_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-14 16:51:18

Hello,

Assume that you have multiple developers developing plugins
for a commercial package and that we recently deployed boost
1.34 to our facility. For some informed developers, they will
switch over to 1.34 whereas others might not know and stick with
1.33.1 or even 1.32. Now imagine loading in all these plugins
into the 3rd party app, wouldn't there be some sort of symbol
problems especially with boost run-time libraries (take the
regex library for example) ??

Does anyone have suggestions on handling this? A typical way we
solve versioning our open source libraries is to add a namespace
to it. eg. SomeLibrary::v1_33_1 (although we never did attempt to
fiddle around with boost). Any other ideas?

Thanks!