From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-16 13:12:07

On Wed, 16 May 2007 11:02:09 -0600
David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The problem is that CMake would obsolete much of the configuration
> logic in BBv2, and only uses its backend build system as an extremely
> low-level build engine. The Jamfiles you'd get out of it would lose
> all the nice abstraction that they currently have and would become
> much more like raw makefiles.

Funny... from someone who is confortable with Makefiles, the abstraction
is one of the things that makes Boost.Build so hard to digest.

At least when I look at a makefile, I can figure out what is happening.
Unless I have a good understanding of the abstraction (not necessarily
the details, but at least what it is TRYING to do), wading through
Boost.Build reminds me of my first affair with sendmail.