From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-16 18:25:22

Anthony Williams wrote:

> Of course, it wouldn't take too much effort to write a program to
> spew out the tables for each and every possible set of precisions.
> The generated source files could be then be compiled as normal, and
> the compiler could dutifully put the values in ROM as desired.

These are just integer calculations.
Shouldn't we be able to calculate arbitrarily precise tables at
complile-time using meta-programming?

I'd probably put the calculations in a separate lib and explictly
instantiate them for the types/precision I care about as there would
probably a noticeable hit for such complex meta-programming math but I'd
rather do that than use an external code generator.

Thanks,

Michael Marcin