From: Dean Michael Berris (dmberris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-17 14:15:28

Hi Andrey,

On 5/17/07, Andrey Semashev <andysem_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Will the library be text-based protocols oriented or will it support
> binary protocols as well?

I should be able to but for the meantime, I would like to focus on
text-based protocols first like HTTP, SMTP, and mybe something like
XMPP -- if there's enough XML processing libraries available, or when
we get a decent one into Boost.

The idea is that it should be easy to implement client protocol
handlers especially if it's going to be using the same message type
that all the other implementations will be using. This allows for
maximum flexibility and extensibility, so that we can work on adding
more and more stuff into the library later -- or let users define
their own non-standard special protocols with easy to reuse
components.

I hope this answers your question.

--
Dean Michael C. Berris