From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-17 20:54:34

On Thu, 17 May 2007 15:52:13 -0400
"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> And it will work for trivial test presented by the user:
>
> #define BOOST_TEST_MAIN
> #define BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK
> #include <boost/test/unit_test.hpp>
> BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(mytest)
> {
> }

OK. I'm obviously missing something. Where in the boost documentation
does it say that I should be compiling code with the DYN_LINK flags if I
am NOT building a library?

I'd really like to read that rationale, because it simply makes no sense
to me.

I understand the "BOOST_TEST_MAIN" but the BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK does not
make sense. The link decision is totally independent of the compilation
UNLESS the code is being built to be included in a library. This is
obviously not the case here, as an executable, not a library, is being
built.

You reference this in your previous reply to me (I'll reply to that one
tomorrow, from work), but I can not find that documentation. Maybe a
bit more specific about where I can find it, please.