From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-20 10:49:28

On Sat, 19 May 2007 23:02:44 -0400
"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > I understand the "BOOST_TEST_MAIN" but the BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK does
> > not make sense. The link decision is totally independent of the
> > compilation UNLESS the code is being built to be included in a
> > library. This is obviously not the case here, as an executable, not
> > a library, is being built.
>
> This is not true for NT, ergo it's not true in general.

I'll take your word for it... I don't develop for NT. Which begs the
issue... why do I now have to conform to a workaround for NT... I've
never had to do it before, and if certain systems require workarounds,
then they should be transparent to others.

Developers that are USING a library should be insulated from stuff
required for other platforms as much as possible. Since everything
worked previous to 1.34 without this "NT workaround" it is obviously
possible... so my point is, whay did it have to change? It looks, to
me, that it was a choice, not a necessity.

For *nix users, this is completely strange, unconventional behavior, not
pushed upon them... where before 1.34 they did not even have to worry
about it. Again, I'll say... the decision does not make sense to me.