From: Giovanni Piero Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-21 13:55:29

On 5/19/07, Yigong Liu <yigongliu_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Any interests in a boost asynchronous concurrency library based on Cw and
> Join Calculus?
>
> Boost.Join follows Cw's design and supports lock-free concurrent design with
> a few abstractions:

Is it really lock free? I see you are using boost::mutex, and I see no
atomic ops. Unless you are cleverly using boost::shared_ptr for some
kind of lock free queue, I can't see how this is truly lock free (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lock-free_and_wait-free_algorithms).
May be you meant something else lock-free or you still plan to do a
lock free implementation.

> Comments, suggestions and corrections are highly appreciated!

I've only done a cursory look at it, but it seems very interesting.
I've downloaded it and plan to try it soon.

gpd