From: Jeffrey Faust (jefffaust_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-22 23:32:19

Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> Jeffrey Faust wrote:
>
>> For the same reason I'd like to see values of ints or doubles. It's not
>> because I don't trust boost::optional, but because I simply want to see
>> the value.
>
> In that case, isn't what needs to be improved your debugger rather than
> boost::optional?

By the time the value has been stored in boost::optional, it has been
stripped of all type information (as far as I can see). VS8 is actually
pretty good at looking at values, and is the best debugger I've seen,
although my experience it admittedly limited. I don't know if I'd expect
a debugger to make sense of the aligned_memory construct used in
boost::optional.

Jeff Faust