From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-23 00:05:29

Jeffrey Faust wrote:

> Is there anybody out there besides me that would find this useful?

I can't speek to the solution itself but I would find it very useful. It's a productivity
issue. In the end the gains of using optional have to be weighed against its drawbacks.
Lack of inspectability is a big minus. It goes so far that it limits adoption here.

With respect to this being rather a debugger problem: I've entertained that thought for a
moment but then I realized I can't stop writing code while the debugger is getting fixed.
In practice it's a library issue.

Thomas

--
Thomas Witt