From: Scott Woods (scottw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-23 18:06:13

Hi Yigong,

Could the difference between your join-based applications and other
seemingly
similar applications be characterized in the following way?

Two different areas of activity for me have been running (small) projects
and
also developing highly asynchronous (i.e. event driven) software for the
telephony world. As projects get bigger its harder and harder to ignore
techniques such as critical path analysis. This technique most obviously
brings
some order to proceedings but it also identifies instances of concurrency.
Through
that concurrency the finish date is earlier than it otherwise would be.

Is your "joining" library a tool for implementing the results of a software
concurrency
analysis? Rather than something targeted at the implementation of the highly
interactive
entities in a telephony protocol?

Cheers.