From: Peter Bindels (dascandy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-24 07:00:36

On 23/05/07, Jared McIntyre <jmcintyre_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Johan Torp <johan.torp <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Do you think this is general and useful enough to be included in boost
> > slots and signals?
>
> I can't really say whether it belongs in the slots and signals library, but it
> certainly has a great deal of utility. It would be particularly interesting if
> you could figure out a way to expose other operators if they were supported by
> the wrapped type. So if it is a number, you could do +=, etc.

If it's a template class, which I strongly suspect it is (and if it's
the class mentioned above, it is) you can add them all as direct
forwards which will fail to compile if and only if you try to use them
without the base class supporting them. I'm not sure how you'd get
this to work with C++0x concepts though.