From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-24 07:34:55

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 22:52 -0500, Rene Rivera wrote:

>> My suggestion is to restrict to putting library projects only in the
>> boost/sandbox dir.
>
> And, eventually, moving those projects under
> sandbox/projects/projectname.
>
>> And under no circumstances use externals. They just
>> don't seem to work as one might expect.
>
> Interesting.

I'm not sure that radical a measure is needed. In fact, I can imagine
svn:externals to be put to good use if individual sandbox projects
drag in build system chunks from a sibling template directory.
That way it's possible to keep the build system in sync with HEAD
(sorry, trunk :-) ), without sandbox users / developers having to
care. I'm sure there are more use cases for svn:externals.

Regards,
                Stefan