From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-24 11:28:57

Douglas Gregor <doug.gregor <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 22:52 -0500, Rene Rivera wrote:
> > Troy, Doug, and others,
> >
> > I just moved the boost/sandbox/troy subdir to
> > boost/sandbox-branches/troy. This was to fix two problems:
>
> Ouch. Some warning would have been nice... that move breaks all of the
> automatic regression testing Troy has setup (about 5 boxes running
> continuous builds of Boost via CMake, and submitting those results to a
> Dart2 server). Troy's away, so it'll be a few days before he can tweak
> the machines to deal with this change. Not catastrophic, but it'll slow
> me down a bit :(

Excuse me, but wouldn't it be better to reserve the sandbox (or whatever other
repository/area) for candidate libraries and keep them separate from this kind
of work?

While we're at it, I understand the desire of better separating each candidate
library/sandbox project than they were in the SF repository, but wouldn't a
structure as close as the official Boost tree help avoid having to change one's
library from "sandbox" style to "official" style?

I'm asking because I find that there are things in the Boost environment that
work automatically if you have a boost/your-library - libs/your-library
structure which are harder to do with a different directory tree.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti