From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-25 13:44:28

Steven Watanabe wrote:
>> This is a huge problem with the current sandbox organization. After
>> spending a couple hours the other day trying to get boost.build to
>> work in the sandbox tree I gave up in frustration and had to copy
>> sandbox directories into my boost tree to use bjam. This is very
>> annoying to say the least.
>>
>> Jeff
>
> I made it work for Units by putting
> <include>$(BOOST_ROOT) <include>../../..
> in the test and example Jamfiles, and
> setting BOOST_ROOT appropriately in
> boost-build.jam and project-root.jam
>
> To build the documentation I had
> to make a few edits to Boost.Build.

You shouldn't have to do that: take a look at the
sandbox/math_toolkit/libs/math directory, the project-root.jam in there
let's you just set BOOST_ROOT to point to your main Boost tree and then away
you go! No other modifications required. The only slightly tricky thing is
refering to other libraries that are in your main Boost tree, but there are
some examples for that as well :-)

HTH, John.