From: Jeremy Pack (rostovpack_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-28 21:27:26

Versioning can be done very simply using the Boost.Extension library. This
will be described in greater detail in the documentation soon, but you can
get a hint as to how it's done from the examples.

For part 2, this can actually be done using RTTI - just dynamic_cast it. But
yes, this could be done using a similar mechanism to the versioning above. A
factory can contain arbitrary information about the class that it makes
loadable. This information could be a version ID, a list of interfaces it
supports, etc.

So yes, this functionality is already available, and yes, it will (soon I
hope) be documented.

For your second question, it would be possible to provide an auxiliary class
that could make this even simpler - we'll take it into consideration.

Thanks!

Jeremy