From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-29 04:51:17

AlisdairM wrote:
> How does math_info report signalling NaN values?
>
> I am trying to find regressions in a certain compiler config, and it
> fails math_info test as soon as it tries to evaluate the signalling
> NaN values - as it duly generates an unhandled signal and terminates.

Borland eh?

Math_info relies on numeric_limits to return the correct answers to it's
queries: with Borland it reports that it *does* have a quiet NaN, but as
soon as you *call* numeric_limits<>::quiet_NaN() the program aborts with an
unhandled hardware exception! :-(

Maybe we should add some #ifdef's in there so the program does at least run
to completion?

John.