From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-30 10:49:45

Jeff Garland wrote:

>Ares Lagae wrote:
>

>>There were not that many responses to my query. Should I conclude that there
>>is no interest in a binary_iostreams library ?
>>

>I'd give it a bit more time and maybe even a second post in a month or 2.
>This mailing list gets a ton of mail and sometimes people don't get a chance
>to reply immediately. I'm interested myself, but I don't have time to really
>look at it currently.

I'm interested as a user. I'm not familiar with the iostreams library
myself, but one of my colleagues tried to use it for binary files. He
found it very difficult (or impossible) to use the insertion and
extraction operators to handle binary format. I don't know how he
solved the problem, but I will suggest that he look at a new
binary_iostreams library, if it is ever accepted and released.

--
Dick Hadsell			914-259-6320  Fax: 914-259-6499
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]