From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-30 11:08:31

Hi Edward,

I'm not an expert here but the following might be helpful:

The Boost sandbox is a subversion repository (see
http://subversion.tigris.org/), and is suitable for development and
version tracking of code. The vault, on the other hand, is a file
repository, and is suitable for posting of packaged versions of the
code (major milestones, finished products ready for review, etc) so
that they can more easily be used and reviewed.

Since the two serve very different purposes (and both are really
useful for that reason, IMO), I doubt they could be replaced by a
single area.

HTH,

Stjepan