From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-30 20:14:58

eg wrote:
> troy d. straszheim wrote:
>
>> There's always the risk that somebody will blindly check out the
>> entire get everything. I'm almost certain there is a way (via svn
>> hook scripts) to prevent anonymous users from doing this in a way that
>> does not disturb others.
>>

> Perhaps you should consider using mod_dontdothat on the server side to
> "restrict" certain things you dont want people to do... like checkout
> from the root.

I don't understand the desire for all this hand-holding. I'd trust users
(or at least the majority of them) to know what they are doing.

(I was similarly irritated to see that a fresh boost checkout (CVS)
made all files read-only, when I started using the repository directly
some years ago. How annoying !)

</rant>

Regards,
                Stefan