From: Marcus Lindblom (macke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-31 04:32:13

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Wed May 30 2007, Stefan Seefeld <seefeld-AT-sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>>> [boost-svn]
>>> boost
>>> stable (full boost tree here)
>>> devel (full boost tree here)
>>> branches
>>> my_branch (full boost tree here)
>>> cmake_a (full boost tree here)
>>> cmake_b (full boost tree here)
>>> tags
>>> boost_1_33_1 (full boost tree here)
>>> boost_1_34_0 (full boost tree here)
>>> sandbox
>>> devel
>>> xml (partial boost tree here)
>>> explore (partial boost tree here)
>>> branches
>>> xml_b0 (partial boost tree here)
>>> explore_b0 (partial boost tree here)
>>> tags
>>> xml_for_review (partial boost tree here)
>>> explore_for_review (partial boost tree here)
>>>
>> I'm still not convinced that the branching in the sandbox
>> should happen outside the projects (as opposed to let each
>> sandbox project organize its own substructure), but I don't
>> have a strong opinion there.
>>

> I agree with Stefan. And that goes for the non-sandbox areas too.
> What is the point of pushing **library-specific** branches and tags up
> to the top level?

I agree too. Things that have different release cycles should not be
mixed unnecessarily.

Additionally, one could also set up a completely different repository
for the sandbox, to make logs/history less cluttered. Has that been
considered?

/Marcus