From: Jerry Schwarz (jerry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-31 12:56:04

I agree with you that the current streambuf is a mess. If you want to
create a new binary_streambuf and build your library on that I
wouldn't object. But you didn't do that, you built a library without
any other transport mechanism. At heart my suggestion is to have
binary_streams built based on some transport mechanism, and have that
mechanism (whatever it is) highly visible.